Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Independent AVON Sales Representative!

That would be me! You know, I have been going through a lot at home that I don't necessarily share on here just because I don't want this to be a place to make myself look pitiful. So, to make a long story short my "partner" *ahem* isn't all that helpful with bills and so it kind of leaves me scrambling trying to figure out how I can do it all by myself. At this point I am not ready to go back to work full time because I know that I would just be sitting there worrying about how my kids were being taken care of. So, I decided to take a small step. I have become an Independent AVON Sales Representative. That is my proper title.

This will be something to do just for me. Kind of something to keep me sane I guess. I also love the products myself, so I'll probably be ordering for myself. I used to order from a gal I worked with at the Palace. She would come to work and give out the brochures to all the departments and EVERYONE would order from her. Even the guys would order things for their girlfriends and cologne for themselves. Anyway, they ended up making her stop because it was soliciting at work and she was delivering the product right there and I'm sure it didn't look good to see money exchanging hands between employees at a CASINO of all places! Boo!

Well I missed the product and thought it would be fun to get involved. It will also give me a reason to go meet people and go visit friends =-) So I'm looking forward to it! I have an online store and even people that live in... oh say Alaska... can even order from me!

http://www.youravon.com/lnorthbird

On to other news... I have been inspired by my sister, my dad and my mom. I am going back to school. I was thinking about going to the Leech Lake Tribal College just to go to school for something but now I have decided that it won't really prepare me for life. I am going to go back to Bemidji State fall semester. I hope. I am going to contact an advisor probably at the Indian Resouce Center and see if they can help me. I guess I just feel that if I go to one of the regular advisors they might just toss me in a boat with all the other students. But I have a feeling that if I contact the Resource Center and plead my case to them that they might be more likely to jump on board with me and get the ball rolling!

This will be my third time going to BSU and I know that I will not qualify for Financial Aid but I am sure that I can work something out. I am willing to go part time for 10 years as long as I finish this time. The first time I tried was when I was in Golden Valley and I was doing it completely online. I was fresh out of high school and trying to do a 12 credit workload independently with no deadlines besides the end of the semester. I don't recommend that! The second time I went I appealled my Financial Aid and won but on the terms that I took 12 credits again. Aalydia was 8-months-old and I had just recently found out I was pregnant with Dru. Yeah, I was going on-campus then but that time didn't last too long either. Well, this is going to be it. I can feel it. The Power of 3 right?

Until next time...

0 comments: