Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Just some random thoughts...

Well, I know I haven't updated my blog in a few days, but honestly, I don't lead that exciting of a life. So I think one post a week will be a good thing. Keep you in suspense and all that great stuff.

Let's see, what's new... Last Thursday I went to Target to get some organization items. We have newborn outfits from when our daughter was born... December of 2005. So I got a big tote thing or plastic storage container and I labeled it Rummage/Consignment and am determined to organize this place a bit. I want to have a rummage sale sometime this spring or summer. We still have a lot of "baby gear" and since I think that Dru is always going to be our baby that it's going to be okay to part with the stuff. I do feel a little guilty though because my family helped me acquire a lot of it and spent good money on the stuff. But I know I have to be rational and realize that they didn't expect my babies to stay babies forever and I could use the money toward something new and age appropriate for them.

I also went out with some friends on Friday night. I go out to the bar maybe 2 or 3 times a year. The time previous to this was on Halloween. On New Year's I didn't have anything to drink so I had told myself that maybe my New Year's resolution would be to not drink this whole year. Well, I broke that to go out with my friend for her birthday. I didn't get home until 9am and only got two hours of sleep before I got up for the day with my kids. I think I am over it. I feel too old to be doing all that. I would really rather just get a full night's rest so I can keep up with my kids. But, I am not making any resolutions or promises because I know that I will eventually want to go socialize for a night again, but as of right now it's at the very bottom of my list of things to do.

Until next time...

0 comments: